City of Surrey – Neighbourhood Enhancement Grants program For Love Where You Live, why not make your neighbourhood more beautiful and vibrant with a Neighbourhood Enhancement Grant?
You can receive a Small Project Grants for a maximum of $3,000 for a physical improvement. The Small Project Grant supports planning, organizing and carrying out projects that improve the physical appearance of your neighbourhood.
All projects must demonstrate how they will abide by COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines during their implementation. If you have some ideas but are looking for help or have questions, reach out to at [email protected].
All Surrey residents, community groups, businesses and associations can apply. To qualify for these grants, you must match your grant money with contributions of volunteer labour and services, donated materials and/or cash. Applications are accepted all year.
Please note: All applications must include how you will implement physical distancing measures during your community gathering or project.
Small Project Grants (Maximum $3,000)
The Neighbourhood Small Project Grant supports planning, organizing and carrying out projects that improve the physical appearance of your neighbourhood. For example, you could:
· Create a neighbourhood garden
· Landscape a boulevard
· Clean up a vacant property
· Plant some flowering trees
· Create a neighbourhood entrance feature Download the Small Project Grant Application.
Celebration & Activity Grants (Maximum $1,000)
The Celebration & Activity Grant supports encouraging community activism and celebration. Some ideas include: · Hosting a block party (you may be eligible for up to $500)
· Organizing a neighbourhood festival
· Running a street cleanup day Download the Celebration and Activity Grant Application.
Apply for a Neighbourhood Enhancement Grant · Email [email protected] with a brief description of your project to find out if your project will qualify. · Fill out the Small Project Grant Application or Celebration and Activity Grant Application. · Email your application to [email protected] or drop it off at the Parks & Recreation counter at City Hall. · If you are applying to host a block party, you must also fill out the block party application formand send to [email protected]
· The Grant Committee reviews your application. Once approved, your application goes to Council in a Corporate Report for final approval.
· Purchase what you need for your project, and then submit your receipts with photos of your completed event or project to [email protected] Learn more: https://www.surrey.ca/community/555.aspx