Digital Messaging Service for Afghan NewcomersMarch 21, 2022
Government of Canada: Jobs for Ukraine – Job BankApril 4, 2022
YWCA Afghan Women’s Employment (AWE) is an employment and training program that supports Afghan refugee women in exploring and securing careers or further education in Canada.
- Virtual and in-person services offered in first language (Dari and Pashto)
- Group-based employment workshops
- Customized, one-to-one career planning
- Build connections and confidence through mentorship opportunities
- English conversation circle sessions
- Loaner laptops for participants
- Financial assistance for transportation and child care as needed*
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
Participants Must Be:
- Afghan refugee self-identified women
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and not a full-time student
Intake is ongoing.
Interested in learning more or registering? Please visit this site for further information.