Join our panel of experts from Ontario and BC to learn about access to virtual mental health care for refugees and other newcomers to Canada, during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Topics will include barriers to access and the strategies service providers can use to overcome them. Presentations will be followed by a Q&A period.
Date: March 16, 2021
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM (Eastern Time)
- Michaela Hynie, Professor, York University, Centre for Refugee Studies
- Kathy Sherrell, Associate Director, Settlement Services, Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia
- Marcela Diaz, Manager, Settlement and Integration, Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County
Who should attend:
- Mental health service providers
- Settlement service providers
- Anyone interested in the topics of immigrant and refugee health, virtual mental health services, and/or access to care
This webinar is made possible with funding from the Canadian Institutes for Health Research.
For more information on the research project associated with this webinar, see https://www.eenet.ca/initiative/virtual-mental-health-access-refugees