YWCA Aspire is a FREE employment program that assists newcomer refugee women in gaining valuable work experience with organizations in the non-profit sector.
- Six weeks of group-based employment workshops
- Up to 12 weeks of PAID work placement with a non-profit organization
- Four weeks of follow up support
- Financial assistance for transit and child care support for eligible participants
- Workplace Conversation Circles as a peer support network
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE:
- A newcomer refugee woman who is a permanent resident in Canada
- Currently on Resettlement Assistance program or receiving Income Assistance OR a privately sponsored refugee
- Unemployed and not a full-time student
PROGRAM START DATE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
Register for an information session now.
4th Floor – 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver
604 323 4233 | [email protected]