Private Sponsorship of Refugees Toolkit – Practical web-based resource to provide information about private refugee sponsorship to groups across Canada prepared by the Canadian Council for Refugees.
What is the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Toolkit?
The toolkit is a practical web-based resource to provide information about private refugee sponsorship to groups across Canada.
The toolkit includes:
- Information about program options across the country
- Information about how to prepare an application for sponsors and refugees
- Resources for sponsors and refugees (both pre- and post-arrival)
- Links to other resources
- Information about national and local organizations offering support to sponsoring groups
This resource is primarily geared towards groups applying to privately sponsor refugees through a Group of 2 to 5 or Non-profit organization (in Quebec), or a Group of 5 or Community sponsor (in the rest of Canada). However, it also includes a lot of information relevant for other types of groups.
The Toolkit Table of Contents
- Refugee sponsorship basics / Different program options to sponsor refugees / Finding a refugee match / Organizations and services
- For Quebec: Organizations with an umbrella agreement / Group of 2 to 5 / Non-profit organization
- For the rest of Canada: Sponsorship Agreement Holders / Group of 5 / Community Sponsor
- Application forms for refugees / Who can be included in an application / Refugee eligibility and admissibility
- Submitting the file / Processing / Interview / After the interview / Travel to Canada
- Transportation loan / Finding help with settlement / Health / Permanent residence cards / Resources for refugee and sponsors / Family reunification / Travel ouside of Canada / Secondary migration and sponsorship breakdown