Are you an Afghan refugee woman? Do you want to start a career in Canada?
YWCA Afghan Women’s Employment (AWE) can help you gain skills and confidence to build your career or explore education options in Canada.
- Virtual and in-person services offered in first language (Dari and Pashto)
- Group-based employment workshops
- Customized, one-to-one career planning
- Build connections and confidence through mentorship opportunities
- English conversation circle sessions
- Loaner laptops, financial assistance for transportation and child care available*
- Community referrals and access to other YWCA and WorkBC services
* Subject to funding and participant eligibility.
Participants must be:
- Afghan refugee self-identified women
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and not a full-time student
Program starts in January 2022. To learn more and to register, visit this link